Sunday, November 30, 2014

Living Room Christmas Crafts - Christmas Blocks

Living Room Crafts - The "Let it Snow Blocks"


These were made from 2" blocks of wood. Luckily I have a handyman in my life, so he simply cut them from a 2x4 of scrap wood he had lying around the house. You can buy similar wooden blocks from Michael's - but they are expensive, 2-3$ per block!

I used fine sandpaper to sand the edges and sides of the blocks, to make for a nicer finish.



I painted them in Vanilla acrylic paint, then tried a Martha Stewart Stencil for the lettering. I would NOT recommend this product. The letters all bled, and the most annoying thing, all of the letters fit on the blocks except the "W" - it hung off the edges. I had to draw a W by hand. Eventually, I traced all the letters myself and did not use the stencils.

I finished off by gluing glitter snowflakes to two of the cubes with regular White Glue. These were purchased at Michael's.

I paired it all with a square vase full of sticks collected from our yard, with 4 added branches of Ashland Christmas Stems (white and red) - from Michael's. Red ribbon makes it complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment